Water on top of cover

May 24, 2012
Ottawa
First time opening my pool.

Due to the location of my return jets/lights, I had to lower my water fairly low in the fall. Due to the amount of snow and ice over the winter I have a fair bit of water right now in my pool but above my winter cover.

Other than the debris I can see in the water, is there a problem with letting this water into the pool? I think it could save me trucking in a load of water. Is it just a bad idea to let this water into the pool? I'm a first timer and I don't want to do anything that will delay my opening or damage anything.

Nope, that seems to be the thing to do for you up north pool closers. :) I have seen that posted in a number threads recently about people moving, pumping or dumping water on the cover into the pool.

We do this each year. Our fill water is high in Iron so the only way to top off is trucking in fresh water ($$$$) or using the rain to fill it up. It may open somewhat dirty due to this, however it clears up very easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.