In floor cleaning run time

Sep 16, 2014
North DFW
We have a fairly new pool, its been finished about 5 months. I am curious how long people run the pump at the higher rate for the in floor cleaning system. My PB scheduled ours to run for 3 hours a day. I would think all we need is for each zone to have rotated the heads a full 360 degrees.

Back 8+ years ago when I have a pool with the in-floor system, they told me that I should have them rotate twice a day ... that ends up being a long run time.

I think the answer is ... long enough that your pool stays clean enough for you ;)

Back 8+ years ago when I have a pool with the in-floor system, they told me that I should have them rotate twice a day

Hmm, I can increase or decrease the time in each zone. I'm sure I can get it running for 2 full rotations in less than 3 hours the PB has it currently running for.

I think the answer is ... long enough that your pool stays clean enough for you

Yup, but doing so without unnecessary run time!

I've been experimenting with mine. PB had it set up for 5 hours a day. I'm down to 1.5 hours and it seems to be staying clean.

I would reduce my run time even further, but my system is set up with a dedicated pump and a dedicated skimmer. If I don't use the IFCS, then that 2nd skimmer doesn't do anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.