New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Wendy, the squirrel video is precious. He's so cute; he adds the perfect touch to your perfect setting!

I love the waterfall sounds - so calming! Thanks for explaining and posting pics of the differences between the spa with jets and blowers. I'm still trying to keep that straight in my head!

TJ.... At least I saw the posts first after your photo, so I barely looked at it. That would be enough to keep me out of my pool for months! I hope I never see that.

Suz.

Ugh. It is over 103 today. Miserable. It has hit 100 for a few days now - running the waterfalls at night - I can get my pool down to 88-89 - but by the afternoon - my pool is reading 91. OMG. That is too warm. So - mother nature nixed the idea of using my spa - I am not going to take the chance to get it hotter.

Before this week of 100 degree temps I could get my pool to 86 and high 89 - but it is hotter than - well, you know, here in TX right now.

Good think I have a pool to go splash around in . . . even if it is a tad on the warm side.

Anyone know - should I run my pump at the same time I am running my features at night? Would that help cool it down? I have only been running water features - - - for about 5 hours at night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wendy I had read that someone opened their main drain all the way and closed their skimmer so that the cooler water was drawn down and into the returns to mix it with the warmer upper water. I bet that would help some.

Just watch your PH and you should have cooler water with all of this!

Kim

Wendy I had read that someone opened their main drain all the way and closed their skimmer so that the cooler water was drawn down and into the returns to mix it with the warmer upper water. I bet that would help some.

Just watch your PH and you should have cooler water with all of this!

Kim

I have no idea how to do that! I barely know how to turn my features off and on. Was supposed to do pool school this week but my PB called, his brother was killed in a car accident last night. :-(

Wendy, what tragic news for your pool builder. It's just heart breaking.

I heard next week is to be cooler - relatively. And maybe even some rain to help even more.

How is your neck? Have you gotten in to see anyone yet?

Take care,
Suz.

Suz,

I know, at this point, I kinda feel like he's family. I feel so bad for him. Not to mention during his busiest time of year. Makes it extra difficult, I'm sure.

My chiropractor asked me to do acupuncture- which I thought would be a total waste of money. But seriously, I'm so much better!! Haven't had to take any pain meds since my first treatment. Weird, but it works!

Acupuncture?????????? Did they have access to your MRI? Did they have a special way of doing it knowing about the two problems?

I love to learn new things. I had never heard of anyone using acupuncture for herniated disks. I would love to hear more. How often have you gone? Do they think it will be a long term fix?

I am SO happy to hear that you feel so much better! WONDERFUL!

Kim

They did have my MRI, but she said she didn't need it. She works at my chiropractors office, I scheduled a massage & she talked me into acupuncture with it. (I hate needles). She didn't do traditional she did a pain based acupuncture. She pressed all over my neck, shoulders and back when she hit a spot where I felt any pain, she put a needle in. (Btw, needles didn't hurt). After the treatment she did a light massage.

Next day, I was better than I've been in weeks!!!

I'm so glad to hear you're better! Neck pain must be really rough. Is there any physical therapy you can do that would help? I'm wondering if strengthening the neck muscles would take pressure off the herniated discs. But it may not work that way.

Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.