Wierd...can solar cover possibly RAISE FC?

Sep 12, 2013
Montgomery,Al
Hey everyone!
Got a new solar cover last week. Doesn't heat the water that much but I've noticed not losing as much FC which is great. We've had rain, rain and more rain for the last 5 days. Been maintaining the FC at 7 but this morning FC TEST WAS 9.. I haven't added bleach in 2 days and I did the test twice. Same both times

FC 9
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 75
CYA 45-50

Is it possible solar cover could raise the FC. SCRATCHING MY HEAD HERE.

A solar cover will stop, or at least mostly prevent, chlorine loss to sunlight. That doesn't in and of it's self raise the FC level, but it does let other things which add chlorine, like a SWG, get ahead of chlorine loss.

One possibility is that you have been drawing water from too close to the surface, where sunlight has depleted the chlorine. Now with the cover there is almost no chlorine loss and you are getting closer to the actual chlorine level, rather than the surface depleted chlorine level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.