Abbeville, South carolina
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello All,

I had an 18X36 vinyl lined pool installed last May with a Pentair light niche. First repair was made in June as leak detectors said a leak was around the light niche conduit. They installed a grommet and underwater epoxy for this fix. Well five weeks ago I removed my cover and the water was below the light. Since then a new niche has been installed, per removing the leaking niche it has about 9 slits in it. It looks as if it has been cut with a razor knife. My pool builder in now saying this was caused by lightning and wanting me to file a home owner’s claim. I find this hard to believe as I have seen others having Pentair niche cracking issues.

Last but now least I am still trying to determine if the new niche is not leaking. I have not cover up the hole we had to cut in the concrete and water is still gathering in this hole. Of course my pool guy is saying this is ground water seeping into the hole. It is about 2 gallons per 24 hours so it is hard to say at this point if it is pool or ground water. What a mess I have at this point…… Any suggestions or ideas?????

If possible, try digging a similar depth hole several feet away from the existing hole. I would think 10' should be far enough away to avoid any pool leakage yet close enough to to see if you have a high water table. If it is ground water, that hole should also fill up at the same rate. If it does not fill up, then you have a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.