acceptable water loss

Ok, pump has been shut off for 2 days now and it looks like the water has stopped going down BUT it is still about 1/2 in above the skimmers. I looked around the edge and dont see noticeable cracks. Could it be going through the seems on the sidewall? Any suggestions?

Ok, pump has been shut off for 2 days now and it looks like the water has stopped going down BUT it is still about 1/2 in above the skimmers. I looked around the edge and dont see noticeable cracks. Could it be going through the seems on the sidewall? Any suggestions?
Did it continue to drop after the pump was shut off, or did it stop then? It's really common to have a leaking multiport valve, and if it's hard-plumbed to the sewer or discharges some distance away, you might not notice the trickle of water.

Richard, I am not sure where/what the muliport is! It seemed like the water stopped with about a half inch above the skimmer's. I turned the pump back on and it took the water barely below the skimmers so I turned it off again. Once I did that water level went back to 1/2 in above skimmers....odd as I would think the pipes would be full of water if above skimmers....correct?

The water seemed to stop about 1/2 in below the return jet. Could this be where the leak is? Do I fill again and do the food coloring thing?

If its in the pipes below the concrete, what are my options?

- - - Updated - - -

ok I found out what the mulitport valve is. I discharge the waste to a tile about 2 feet away so I dont think its that

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard, I am not sure where/what the muliport is! It seemed like the water stopped with about a half inch above the skimmer's. I turned the pump back on and it took the water barely below the skimmers so I turned it off again. Once I did that water level went back to 1/2 in above skimmers....odd as I would think the pipes would be full of water if above skimmers....correct?

The water seemed to stop about 1/2 in below the return jet. Could this be where the leak is? Do I fill again and do the food coloring thing?

If its in the pipes below the concrete, what are my options?

- - - Updated - - -

ok I found out what the mulitport valve is. I discharge the waste to a tile about 2 feet away so I dont think its that
I'm not understanding something. The returns are usually below the skimmers. Water dropping in the skimmers when the pump is on is normal if the water level is low. That I understand. The thing with the returns is what has me confused.

Bear in mind that water seeks its own level. So if the leaking stops at some point, the leak is right at that height. I have no experience with underground plumbing repairs, so I have no answer there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.