f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-07-17/news/POOL17_1_chlorine-pools-and-spas-pools-this-year

I just stumbled across this article about commercial pools in my town. It's old but I doubt much has changed. It made me think about how much time I spend dealing with my own pool to make sure it's sanitized but when I go on vacation, I don't even think about it. I just jump right in. I am starting to think that hotels should have to post their test results several times each day for everyone to see.

In the article, one hotel owner said that he didn't understand why there was no chlorine in his pool. He tested it every morning. Sigh....

I do have to say that two of the three areas where they tested are not places where I would stay but they are very busy tourist destinations.

It is sad that commercial pools are maintained in such a haphazard manner and inspections are so rare. People should use common sense and stay out of pools when they can't see the bottom.

Getting some knowledge about pool care certainly changes your perception of things public pool wise. Unfortunately, there are proably many of them that don't even get tested daily, much less multiple times.

That is one "downside" of finding TFP and having a perfectly maintained pool with clear water, no chemical odors or irritating water due to ph, chemical imbalance, etc. It will make you not want to get in another pool ever again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.