Sand Area Beside Pool Question

ml504

Apr 12, 2010
We have an area that we are wanting to add a couple of Palm trees and a hammock area on one side of our pool. I was thinking that coving the ground with sand (roughly 20x15' area) would really give it a nice look, however, at the same time I'm concerned with the obvious issues of sand next to the pool and being tracked in the house as well. Has anyone done something similar or have any suggestions on an alternative? Or, would the sand actually be an option?
Thanks,
Matt

To minimize tracking in the house, get a pan of water to step in to rinse off your feet. Have an absorbent towel to step on to take most of the water off your feet and you can go right in. Not perfect but pretty effective.

We had landscaped a "beach" area near our pool. Some sand chairs, umbrella and pails/shovels to complete it. It was great at first...loved wiggling my toes in the hot sand. It was also the community litter box! Should have known better. We cleaned it up and sodded it but the sod died. I am removing it and will make it a patio once the budget allows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.