Jandy Check Valve for Solar

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
I am replacing some plumbing on my pool, which includes the check valve for my solar panels. I was going to replace my ball check valve with a Jandy check valve, as I read here that they have significantly less resistance. However, Jandy instructions say that the check valve should be used in situations where there is the pressure of at least an an 18 inch water column after the valve. I have a vacuum relief valve, so after the panels drain, there will be no water pressure after the check valve. Is the Jandy check valve OK in this circumstance? Any other suggestions for a good check valve? I saw a "Magic Plastic" valve that uses a magnet to remain shut at a site, but never heard of it before. Anyone have an experience with it? Thanks
Chris
http://www.instockpoolsupply.com/Magic_Plastic_SP0821_20C_p/sp0821-20c.htm?CartID=1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.