Pump wont prime off one skimmer

yukonsc

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
Oakton,Va
All,

I have 2 skimmers in the deep end of the pool there is flex PVC from skimmer (~3') to Sch 40 PVC. The Flex is 1.5" and Sch 40 is 2". This is also an old Anthony pool and is combines the main drain and skimmer piping under the skimmer ( http://blog.poolcenter.com/article.aspx?articleid=6327 ). The runs to the pump are about 60 Ft and 80 Ft. I am making a guess without knowing the exact run.

All that said - when I try to pull off one skimmer the pump is unable to pull enough water. Water does flow into the pump just not enough volume to fully prime.

I did have the lines tested and one skimmer hold pressure and the other one looses pressure (suction side leak). The one that loses pressure is the combination skimmer (Main Drain/Skimmer). The main drain was plugged.

Anythoughts as to why it wont prime off one skimmer?

I am using a 2hp Whisperflo - and I have checked all gaskets on the pump side to make sure nothing was leaking.

Nope won't hold a prime with either line. I am thinking the flex pipe is collapsing. Unfortunately with old Anthony skimmers there is a T at the bottom of the skimmer vs a 90 and I have been unsuccessful in fishing a camera through to verify.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.