Another Raypack 2100 thread

Aug 1, 2014
Spring, TX
Guys,

I've been out of town a few weeks, and we've gotten quiet a bit of rain down here in Houston, and when i came home I was unable to get my Raypack 2100 to light.

At first, it would go to SPK however it would not spark at the pilot. After a battle, i have destroyed a massive wasps nest which was inside the front control panel of the heater. However, now that the pilot is getting lit, the main burner i don't think is opening to light. The pilot will light (i've verified this by removing the front panel. The flame initially is very blue, but after about 15 or so seconds it changes to yellow. The gas valve is open all the way, and I do not believe it is a lack of gas problem), however, the heater continues to SPK no main burner light. I can smell gas after the pilot gets lit, however, I don't believe the heater is acknowledging the pilot is light.

I've checked all the wire connections, everything looks good. Cleaned the pilot. I've tried power cycling in case it was the ignition lockout. I've done some reading on a "ground" at the pilot, however, for the life of me I can't find a wire other than the 24v spark that goes to the pilot assembly...

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

From my experience, if the unit continues to spark, SPK, you need a new pc board controller. There is no other wire going to the pilot assembly. What is happening is that the system is not recognizing that the pilot lit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.