Buying a used Pool Slide

haybird

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Ontario
Hello, I have done a search and can't seem to find any info.
After pricing new pool slides I am thinking of buying a used one.
My questions are.
1. Is there a fiberglass paint that you could use to spruce up the slide.
2. Is there a fitting that could be easily hooked up to a return, for the water hook-up.
I have a line on a couple slides ,but I don't know if I want to put an older looking slide
with a brand new pool,shed and landscape. Thanks for any replies

A fiberglass slide is just like a boat, you can re gel coat the slide, costly. You could use a marine paint to paint the slide, but with paint, use of the slide will remove the paint when sliding down. If your building a new pool spend the money and put a nice slide in. would you remodle a kitchen and use the old stove, just repainted to make look new?

Pool was not preped for a slide? use a garden hose setup?

Thanks for the reply. The pool is 2 years old, at the time we went for a diving board.
Now I am thinking kids would like a slide but close to $2000 seems steep. I have seen
many for sale because the kids are grown up for around $200.00. I did have an extra line
plumped in but its on the other side of the pool(maybe a water feature later). I was hoping
to use a return so I am not adding water to the pool all day when in use. If I could paint a used slide to clean it up it might be worth the $1800.00 in savings.

I purchased a used slide for my new pool. I couldn't get one as large as I wanted new and I saved about $1500.

I treated the surface like an old car finish. Used rubbing compound on it and paste wax. Never looked perfectly new but it was certainly acceptable.....looked new to the casual observer.

Just bought a used "old style" slide today off craigslist. It's in good condition for an old slide, and at $160 I couldn't pass it up.

I also am going to hook the water into my return from the pool. I'm thinking a tee valve to direct water to the slide when using it, and to the pool when not using the slide. Did you ever get this project working???

I'm also looking for a place to buy the 1.9" anchors for the 4 slide legs, as it did not come with them. Anyone know of a place to get them fairly inexpensive, Lowes or Home Depot??

Slide is installed! Used the galvanized deck flanges, and some pvc elbows, valves and t's. Working Great!

2011-06-08%2019.23.47.jpg

2011-06-08%2020.31.16.jpg

2011-06-08%2020.32.57.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Discovered that my pool level drops dramatically when I have the gate valve open to allow water to our slide. 1" line running underground must have a leak. Pressure going to slide is also poor so yeah, a leak underground. I'd rather not replumb/dig out the old pipe. Thinking of using a setup like yours off the return. I have a return right below the slide so should be doable. 1" PVC, T and valve ought to do it.

I picked up a used Interfab X-Stream slide for about $700. I plumbed it to an existing, but unused Jandy valve (that was previously used to control a pressure side sweep, but was capped off when the previous owner converted to a suction side sweep). I dug a trench by hand, ran 2" PVC all the way around to the back side of the pool, and used the appropriate adapters to neck down to the 1" flex hose that is integrated in the slide. Needless to say, water flow is not an issue. I used 1/2" Redheads to anchor it to the deck. All told, an easy weekend job and not more than $50-$75 to install myself (since I already had the valve). 8214166200128718589.jpg

I picked up a used Interfab X-Stream slide for about $700. I plumbed it to an existing, but unused Jandy valve (that was previously used to control a pressure side sweep, but was capped off when the previous owner converted to a suction side sweep). I dug a trench by hand, ran 2" PVC all the way around to the back side of the pool, and used the appropriate adapters to neck down to the 1" flex hose that is integrated in the slide. Needless to say, water flow is not an issue. I used 1/2" Redheads to anchor it to the deck. All told, an easy weekend job and not more than $50-$75 to install myself (since I already had the valve). View attachment 32186
Could you elaborate a little on the x-stream? I found a used 2010 model on craigslist and I was thinking of buying it, but the reviews on amazon are pretty bad (complaints that the seals fails quickly, you can feel the seams hitting you every time you slide down, the slide is rickety and shakes a lot, etc.).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.