Aluminum pool side has been impaled by 2 bolts!

Uggh, In opening my pool this afternoon I noticed that the aluminum wall has been impaled by two bolts. I am guessing that they were in the yard last fall and the lawn mower kicked them at the pool. The lining is totally intact but of course the metal wall has sharp shards that will poke and tear the lining once water is added. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can get between the pool wall and lining to bend those pieces back out then duck tape them? Is is possible to do this with out completely emptying my pool and replacing the entire lining?

Quick fix anyone?IMG_6722.jpgPool 2.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

It looks like you could use a hook to pull the sharp edges away from the liner and then grind them down so they won't cut anything. That might not be a permanent fix, but should solve the immediate problem.

Welcome to the forum Pam, and interesting first post! :wave:

You can reverse the direction of the metal, just be careful not to poke the liner. Ideally, you want to get something to in between the damaged skin and liner to be sure. And cover the holes on the outside after smoothing the sharp edges as Jason suggested.

Perhaps a liner repair patch attached to both sides of the wall with clear silicone RTV. RTV makes an excellent adhesive and the patch material should be thick enough to provide protection to both the liner and anyone touching the wall. The down side is that you would have to pull the liner down far enough to expose the inside of the hole. I would hold a block of wood on the outside and hammer the inside flush to the wood, then file smooth any sharp edges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.