Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I want to document this so people can see and comment on my new install... We will get the pool installed 10 and 11 May but I am starting things that I can do now..

We started the equipment pad today..

I bought flagstone retaining wall block from lowes : http://www.lowes.com/pd_477065-215-308559_4294612595__?productId=4686293&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

I had soil brought in and leveled, then ran over it with my 300 pound lawn mower, with me on it, its a 500 pound compacter :)
Then I put down 2 sheets of 25 year landscape felt and installed the flagstone.. I will get rock and fill this week sometime. I leveled it with a slight slope downhill so water will run off..

nLgSNP6l.jpg

OkDWGxKl.jpg

x0Z9h46l.jpg

sPJO6Utl.jpg

So I put up the stand for the power today, I used the OZ post's... They work great for something like this, had both posts in the ground in about 4 minutes.. The start out not being level but once the posts go in you can position them..

RDpumNNl.jpg

My helper :)
vINqbsHl.jpg

6FSZk9kl.jpg

6FSZk9kl.jpg

fwFezJll.jpg

IrfpJu7l.jpg

JmGjJHDl.jpg

This will be for the power box, Salt Generator, Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System, and the 600 Watt low voltage power for the LED's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean ATX
Your pump n filter are going to need to be level.

Casey, did I say that is a great name.. :)

That was my best friend's name. She was my lab mix. I lost her in 2011. She loved to swim. I couldn't get out of the house in my swim suit n towel without her literally screaming in excitement! My daughter use to say, I'm not swimming with Casey! I'd tell her, Get out of the pool then! :mrgreen:

- - - Updated - - -

You should reconsider that ozone. It is really unnecessary, puts metals in your water n can stain the liner.

We had a Golden, I know what you are saying, Lab's are the most awesome dogs, they just love you no matter what...

That is my Sig block for my Hot Tub.. It came with the ozone, its seems to work well in the hot tub but I also change the water out every 6 or 8 months.. :)

I went and loaded up 1.2 tons of 1 inch #67 clean rock from the quarry, I only needed a little less than a ton... Leveled out 4 inches of it for the equipment pad.. Now I only need to get some 16x16 cement pads to set everything on...

The best part of it all, IT cost me a whole 12 dollars :)

dMIypFil.jpg

SBuYNTXl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim, I have watched PVC pipe being done, but this was my first time... brings a new meaning to measure twice cut once... once that glue is on 2 pieces become 1 and it better be correct.. :)

LOL, well the pool does not get installed until 10 May... I started down this thinking I was going to have a company do it... The wanted 10,000 dollars to install a 24 ft round pool.... So I am doing everything except the dig, leveling, and install of just the pool and liner... I am doing the equipment pad, electrical, all equipment, plumbing, ditching in the pipes and electric...

Here is the kicker, I am not saving that much money.... But that is because I am going with better everything and I had to go to the oval pool, they are more expensive and it also costs more to have oval pools installed.... They are digging down 12 inches also...

Oh my God... That is ridiculously insane. lol I'll zip it... I just can't believe how much they are charging for the dig n install since you're doing everything else.

the 10K was for everything but I just could not see paying that much for a 24 foot round... So I found a better deal from another company... it is cheaper now that I am doing most everything except the install of the actual pool...

Its crazzy the prices they are trying to charge here...

I paid around $2700 for my dig and the pool. That doesn't include decking. Just the dig n pool.

Wow. I didn't realize prices vary so much! We are in the middle of the two, I guess. Dig and install here is $1200 for a round pool and $1600 for an oval. That includes up to 2 feet of dig, after that it's $100 additional per foot. Pool packages with all equipment varied...I know the 18x33 oval was $4200. We didn't look at a 24' round so I'm not sure on those. The only things not included in those numbers is a test kit (ordered the TF-100), gorilla pad ($190 for our 33' round) sand ($100) and lime ($50).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.