New above ground oval 18x33 install

I went through 6 installers before I found 1 that would install an oval pool here, and he is from Edmond OK, over an hour from me.. so there is an "out of area" charge in there also... With only 1 installer they can get what ever they want for install, I wish I had the tools and time to DIY but I just dont...

I connected up the waste hose that I found... It is not the normal waste hose, it is used for water discharge, good to 75PSI and a lot more substantial than the pool waste hoses... it is about 10 dollars more than the "better quality" pool hose... The nice thing that i see about it, you could connect as many 50 or 100 foot sections as you wanted because of the metal connections.... I am not sure how long it will last but I can still put most of the hose away...

I cut the male end of the hose about 10 inches from the fitting, connected a 2 inch to 1.5 inch reducer and connected to the reducer.. it is a very tight fit, I had to stretch the hose with pliers a little bit but got in on after a few minutes...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000225C0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

414T2DJJEPL.jpg

QSVg2Wil.jpg

WSeqq4Fl.jpg

aYd3XcXl.jpg

AMle73hl.jpg

non-pool related, but is the structure in back of picture one a tornado shelter? I see you are in Oklahoma. just curious

It is a tornado shelter, after 3 tornadoes touched down less than 2 miles from the house we put it in... I have had 110 MPH straight wind over the house and it makes a lot of noise...

That is such a neat hose and way you did it! Nice work!

Such scary things-tornados. We had two "skip" over the school I work at WHILE the kids were here! Talk about a VERY intense 30 mins! We were all safe and no damage was done to the school. We could see where it came out of the woods and where it went back into the woods across the street! All of our drills payed off!

Kim

I wish no one would ever have to use them, but it is a piece of mind knowing its there if we ever do need it... any home around here should have 1 built when the home is built, should be a law...

I got my pad up, I used extra cynder blocks, and some limestone screenings. Thanks for the pictures, I pretty much did what you did with the power pole.

Next up I have stucco guys to smooth out the inside block work. This was my first crack at doing block and it was not as easy as it looked. I did reinforce with rebar and filled every other block core so I don't think it will be moving anytime soon.
After the stucco, I install skimmers & returns and do the plumbing 2" flex PVC.
After that, vermiculite the floor, than vinyl liner, lastly concrete deck.

I used treated 2x6 as a 'sill plate', which the CP2 coping will screw into. The concrete deck and perimeter walk way will cover the 2x6 once it is poured, and come up right behind the coping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have some more work done, I can finally dig, yay...

I dug the trenches for the electrical and hard pipe for the pool.. Both will be 2 inch pipe.. The electrical pipe is a continuous 50 foot pipe that was donated to me :)

It always happens, while trenching I hit 3 of my sprinkler pipes and had to repair them...

F2zmCpSh.jpg

EM11QJBh.jpg

JcQrULLh.jpg

Ueh74bJh.jpg

glLmhaVh.jpg

E8DXkeph.jpg

7fWkHVQh.jpg

LOL Kim, you know it.. the funny part I knew exactly where they were just misjudged the height by 1 inch :)

My friend has a trencher, the same 1 who gave me the electrical pipe :) I would be writing this from the hospital if I had to dig all that.....

I started last night mowing down (scalping) the grass uphill from me and had 2 tractors redoing the yard so no water can come through and take out the pool.. The pool will be directly behind the fence of picture #1.. with all the water last month I had a river about 4 to 8 inches running through my backyard...

Today, the electrical got ran and wired in, man electricians are expensive but they are worth every penny, my families safety is worth it.. one question came up and I am glad we called cause I never read this on here about curcupool SWG's (maybe all SWG's).. If you try to switch 1 leg off 220V power to turn them on or off they will not work.. we could not wire it directly to the pump cause it is a 2 speed and I wanted the SWG to work on both speeds.. We had to change it to 110v and use the intermatic timer to switch 110v cause it only has 1 leg for power... When we called discountsaltpool they said that is the #1 cause of SWG's not working when installed...

now I just have to figure out how to program it :)

DtFKj05h.jpg

23NZPlfh.jpg

3vmUkSPh.jpg

aJFw33lh.jpg

da4XwRXh.jpg

f7b08yMh.jpg

6g4WvhJh.jpg

3sLQKWJh.jpg

W32FCT8h.jpg

eHx4OCwh.jpg

Nice set up and very clean looking on the back of that pad. When is install?

Good call on getting an electrician! Glad he was able to figure it out! Good luck getting it dialed in!

Will you also have some bricks or something solid on the outside of the fence to help keep the water out? We call that kind of rain a "gully washer" around here. We look forward to them as they help keep our pond full during the summer's heat. Would NOT like them if they messed with my pool!

Kim

Thanks Casey... Install is suppose to be today but he is not here yet, we will see I will try to keep :calm:
Good call on getting an electrician! Glad he was able to figure it out! Good luck getting it dialed in!

Will you also have some bricks or something solid on the outside of the fence to help keep the water out? We call that kind of rain a "gully washer" around here. We look forward to them as they help keep our pond full during the summer's heat. Would NOT like them if they messed with my pool!

Kim
Kim, I don't think I am going to use bricks, I thought about it and would cost me ALOT, that part of the fence is about 90 feet, so I am going to see if this works... I am taking a chance but I believe it will be fine :)

I bet your wife is twisted into a pretzel with anticipation! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.