JohnyGluebag's Pool Gong-Show

I just tested the water 3 times, different parts of the pool, and cannot get a reading of any CH. Water evaporation rate is high were I am, the waterline can drop over an inch in 3 days.

Does this make any sense to lose CH like this? Or maybe reagent has expired? or goofed up the check each time????

Thanks for any comments.

2015-05-08_10-30-59.jpg

If you want to improve your spreadsheet, another piece of data you need is the number of hours your circulation pump is running. Then one more column to take number of hours per day the pump runs x SWCG % setting to get hours of chlorine production. The number of chlorine production hours is what you need to correlate to the change in FC over time. Either changing pump run time OR salt cell % will change the chlorine production hours. Right now you may not be changing the pump hours but you will sometime and then the salt cell % number will not provide a meaningful comparison.

Are you also logging in what chemicals were added after each test? That would go on the right. My default is that the chemicals are added after testing. But sometimes I'll add them before and I note if that's what I did. Also adding comments about any appearance changes to the water or surfaces and opening/closing notes are also great items to document in your S/S.

Best of luck with your journey. All the support you need is right here.

Regarding the suction from the pool, my suction is set to 100% skimmer...however a buddy of mine is telling me to adjust it to pull from drain as well.

Some context: He does everything through Leslie's, tossed his SWG in the garbage when he moved into the newer house (those are **** he says), insists that he has to shock the pool once a week no mater what...and insists it will likely take me 2 years to learn to manage me pool properly because he struggled that long, CYA is not something you measure...the list goes on.

So is there a hard rule on were the pump should draw from? Skimmer only? or combination?

Thanks.

P.S. when on the beer pool talk between us can get quite heated, to each his own for sure, but it gets pretty fun some times.

Regarding the suction from the pool, my suction is set to 100% skimmer...however a buddy of mine is telling me to adjust it to pull from drain as well.

Some context: He does everything through Leslie's, tossed his SWG in the garbage when he moved into the newer house (those are **** he says), insists that he has to shock the pool once a week no mater what...and insists it will likely take me 2 years to learn to manage me pool properly because he struggled that long, CYA is not something you measure...the list goes on.

So is there a hard rule on were the pump should draw from? Skimmer only? or combination?

Thanks.

P.S. when on the beer pool talk between us can get quite heated, to each his own for sure, but it gets pretty fun some times.
I opened up my main drain to where you just barely see a decrease in the turbulence in the skimmer as opposed to all skimmer. It's enough to prevent the temperature stratification.

Sometimes I go for all main drain when I'm giving the pool a good brushing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.