Pad for equipment

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
The PB is here today putting in all the equipment. They are putting it on a hard type plastic pad. For some reason I envisioned it would be on a concrete pad. How is it usually done?

Concrete is most common, but you do see plastic pads from time to time. Plastic often has problems with filters. The filter weighs a great deal and you need something fairly solid to hold it up. They do make plastic pads strong enough for smaller filters, but I haven't seen one that can stand up to the larger filters we often recommend.

That is a big filter. Make sure it is level to start with and check periodically to make sure it stays level, if not call PB to fix it. Especially if the filter is on one side or the other.

I have plastic pads also. No issue going into 3rd year with anything moving or settling. They put the pool heater also in a plastic pad right next to the existing one so it looks good and also no issues. It was well leveled and installed so I'm sure that helps.
We also had all our HVAC heat pumps replaced and plastic pads for those also without any issues a few years in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.