Wireless or wired Thermostat?

Apr 6, 2015
Davenport
Hi All

Can someone help me please, I have been looking for a while now for a reliable way to read my pool temp from inside the house, like those weather station type hang on the wall gizmo's, I have had all the floaty ones but they don't seem to last very long and it would be cool to just keep an eye on it so I know when my solar has got it to temp.

I don't want to go buy a automation system as I don't really have anything else to automate, its either on or off, I have no problem having a wired system to check the temp with a thermistor on the end in the pipework or something along those lines. I installed my Hayward VS pump control inside the house hoping that would have a temp reading on it but it doesn't appear so.

Hope someone can help

Thank you

Stuart

I've only tried the Accu-Rite model and had terrible luck with it. Eventually it flooded and was ruined, the second unit being a warranty replacement. It would be so simple to improve the design yet they don't for some reason.

I have tried several wireless floating thermometers with not much success. All seem to leak after a while. The usual pattern is they work for a while but after changing the batteries once or a few times they start to leak.

Then I found the Ambient Weather line about two years ago. Their floating sensor has a solar cell on it so the battery only powers it when it's not in the light. Two years now, I've had one in the spa and one in the pool. Haven't had to change the batteries yet. About the only problem is the wireless range won't make it from the pool with quite enough power to make it into the house, so I installed the readout so that it's just outside my window. Problem solved.

I bought my system on Amazon.
Here is a link to the Ambient web site if you want to research their products.

http://www.ambientweather.com/flpospaandla.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.