Low CYA & SWG - what's my appropriate CH SLAM level?

Opening the pool and starting the SLAM today. I've got a swamp this year - and the frogs that have moved in are in for a big surprise...

The chart for CYA SLAM level with an SWG starts at 60. My CYA is in the 30's as far as I can tell. PH is 8+.

Once I get the PH balanced - what is the appropriate amount of Chlorine with the CYA at 30? Would it be half as much as what's shown for a CYA of 60?

I'm familiar with the process, and have a good test kit.

I'm not sure they are in for a surprise.....

I have two frogs that visit every night during the summer. FC of 15 didn't even slow them down. I'm still trying to figure out how they get out of the pool. I kept scooping them out and taking them to the lake, but every night they were back....

Sigh......

Once you've completed the SLAM and passed the OCLT then you can add stabilizer to get back up to it's normal range (70-80) and fire up your SWCG. ;)

I'm not sure they are in for a surprise.....

I have two frogs that visit every night during the summer. FC of 15 didn't even slow them down. I'm still trying to figure out how they get out of the pool. I kept scooping them out and taking them to the lake, but every night they were back....

Sigh......

LOL!

We don't have much problem with debris, but frogs, toads, wolf spiders, and those oily beetles are a pain... There's a farm behind us and they have a pond. Once in a while I'll take them back there and set them free, but mostly they get flung over the fence.

In spring I'll pull dead toads out of the skimmer almost daily. Can never get my daughter or wife interested in emptying the skimmer... the spiders and toads were one thing, but since the day I found a baby snake coiled up under the skimmer cover - they won't go anywhere near it..:)

Same here and it's me :shock: A couple aren't that small.
Have had snakes in there a few times and it makes me a bit cautious taking the cover off. I guide them out into the pool and net them to release back into the lawn as they help keep the voles away or at least at bay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.