Replacing AquaPure SWG - Recommendations?

Oct 1, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm looking to replace a dead AquaPure SWG for a 24k gallon salt water pool... What would you recommend? The pool builder is suggesting Hayward and I want to get some real world experiences on the right SWG solution before pulling the trigger. :nemo:

There is nothing wrong with a Hayward. They are good systems.

Whichever you end up with though, you want to size the salt cell at least 1.5x the size of your pool. So for you, get a cell rated for 40,000 gallons.

Probably what you might want to look at along with upfront cost, is the cost of a replacement cell. Sooner or Later (hopefully much later), a replacement cell is going to be required.
Do a google for 40K gallon replacement salt cells for
Autopilot 40K cell
Pentair IC40
Hayward T15
Jandy 4oK cell and
Circupool 40K cell

you might be surprised at the spread on the prices....

I'm looking to replace a dead AquaPure SWG for a 24k gallon salt water pool... What would you recommend? The pool builder is suggesting Hayward and I want to get some real world experiences on the right SWG solution before pulling the trigger. :nemo:

Without automation, I would avoid Pentair. The on-cell controller only allows control percentage changes in 20% increments, which can make it difficult to dial in a good percentage.

I would suggest including automation. In some cases, basic automation with salt is only slightly more expensive than just a salt system. If you're going to install timers, then automation is definitely the way to go. Can you describe your system?

My CircuPool Si-30 Plus looks almost identical to the equivalent Hayward model. The only difference I can see is the name and the position of one switch on the control panel.

FYI, http://discountsaltpool.com has extended their sale and free upgrade offer of CircuPool models. I purchased the SI-20 Plus and got the upgrade to the SI-30 Plus. So far, I am happy with my purchase.

Another plus for the CircuPool Plus model is it comes with a 7 year prorated warranty which is not effected by the DIYer. Other brands drastically cut the warranty when it not installed by a "professional".

Thanks everyone for your insights... I'll be looking into the Hayward AquaRite T15 system... The current SWG cell is no longer available and will require me to upgrade to something and therefore, the inquiry for the best option.

Cheers, Jeff

Thanks everyone for your insights... I'll be looking into the Hayward AquaRite T15 system... The current SWG cell is no longer available and will require me to upgrade to something and therefore, the inquiry for the best option.

Cheers, Jeff

Not sure I understand, you have an Aquapure, as far as I know both style of cells are still available all over the internet and you can just upgrade to the newer style cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.