Autopilot shows 0 salt in pool

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
My Autopilot is reporting 0 salt in the pool. I happen to know this incorrect because last week it showed 3500ppm.

Any ideas on what I can check? I've dealt with salt generator issues, but never an issue where it thinks there is no salt. Is there a way to override this and get it to run anyway?

thanks,
david

Usually that means that the cable for the tri-sensor has come out of it's socket at the main control box. It may instead indicate a problem somewhere else along the tri-sensor cable (cut or break or disconnected at the sensor end).

I check the cable, and it looks great. I check the connectivity for all six conductors in the wire and they are good. The connector to the sensor is clean, no water in it or anything. The other end is also hooked up properly. I opened the case and the wires go up to the panel and look fine as well.

After finding a parts diagram online, I did take out the tri-sensor, it looked perfectly clean.

thanks
david

Is the salt issue the only error showing on the system? If you are getting a "Purifier Off Check Flow" message that could be the cause of a 0 ppm salt reading. We would of course want to troubleshoot the check flow message first to see if it corrects the salt.

Other than that it is possible the tri-sensor assembly or a board inside of the unit could be the cause of the issue. Does your tri-sensor happen to have a part # on it (i.e. 909-G01.5 or APA0003)? Also do you know if your controller is a model # DIG-220 or 75003?

It is a DIG-220. The message says "Purifier Off check" There is no Flow on the end of the message, maybe there should be.

I took the tri-sensor out and now after putting it back in it is working again. Maybe it was a flow issue and taking it out/in got it working again.

thanks!

Is the salt issue the only error showing on the system? If you are getting a "Purifier Off Check Flow" message that could be the cause of a 0 ppm salt reading. We would of course want to troubleshoot the check flow message first to see if it corrects the salt.

Other than that it is possible the tri-sensor assembly or a board inside of the unit could be the cause of the issue. Does your tri-sensor happen to have a part # on it (i.e. 909-G01.5 or APA0003)? Also do you know if your controller is a model # DIG-220 or 75003?

It is a DIG-220. The message says "Purifier Off check" There is no Flow on the end of the message, maybe there should be.

I took the tri-sensor out and now after putting it back in it is working again. Maybe it was a flow issue and taking it out/in got it working again.

thanks!

Great! It does sound like it was a flow error message. Glad to hear you are back up and running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.