Time to replace the liner on 18 ft round AG pool--general and floor coving questions

We made it through the end of last season knowing that we'd have to replace the liner before anything else this year. Thinking I might get to it before it got too cold, I even bought the liner last Fall and the box is safely tucked away in the living room. My son is autistic and this pool is seriously his/my/our favorite place from April to October, so I'm starting to lose some sleep about getting this taken care of for him. And just to add to the situation, we've taken some big financial hits in the last few months and while it looks like we'll be in the house through the end of the year, I truly don't think we'll be around to open the next pool season--I guess my point is that our budget for this has been seriously compromised and there's no room to screw up. It's pretty lousy, but we'll make the best out of this upcoming season. Okay, so this is the fourth (fifth?) season and the pool is on foam board with a cove built of sand, but I haven't been happy with the sand coving. I'm sure it contributed greatly to our current liner situation, but I'm not sure whether it makes sense to try to retrofit the pool with foam floor coving while the liner is out, or whether that will be a huge headache and maybe I should just rebuild it with sand. Since we clearly had leaks, I'm really not sure what I'll find under the liner anyway and I'm worried about that as well. It all seemed much simpler last Fall, I swear it did. I know I need to replace the gaskets on the skimmer and the returns, but I'm not 100% sure how to make sure I'm buying the right replacements as I'm still trying to locate the original paperwork. And the coping strips--should I just assume that they need to be replaced as well? One one hand, it seems like the installation was seriously just the other day, and on the other, it's a distant memory (I had forgotten about the rolls and rolls of duct tape, for example). I've been reading and watching everything I can find on the liner replacement process, but man, I would be incredibly grateful for any advice anyone might have on the subject. Thanks so much.

Replace the gasket on the skimmer box.

Reuse the coping strips as there is probably nothing wrong with them.

I would just reform the sand cove if you guys are struggling financially.

Good luck!

When you say "coping strips" do you mean the "pool cove", which goes at the bottom of the pool, on top of the sand and keeps the liner from going under the wall? If you mean the cove, I have read that they should be replaced each time you replace the liner. If you mean the coping strips that hold the liner to the wall under the top rails, I would think you can reuse them as long as they are not damaged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.