Intex vs Hayward

Apr 10, 2015
Belton/TX
Newbie: what is difference between Intex Sand & SWG or a Hayward? I have purchased a Intex 22'x52" round Ultra Frame pool as of yesterday. I see the Hayward brand more so than the Intex model above that is currently on sale. Also, what size of either brand would you recommend for my 10, 000 water at 90% capacity.

Intex is a budget manufacturer who focuses on inexpensive pools and equipment (which is not usually repairable). Hayward is one of the few large companies (Hayward, Pentair, Zodiac, etc) that sell pool equipment for all types of pools from the basic to the high end.

Not sure what you by water at 90%?

For a 10k pool, I would get at least an 18" diameter sand filter and a 1 HP 2-speed pump.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Based upon my experience, expect to get about 3 years of use out of an Intex pump (one of the models that comes with a sand filter). Same for an SWG, although the cels are replaceable for about $60.

Factor that into your cost analysis and go with whatever makes the most sense for your situation. I cannot speak to the expected life cycle of Hayward products, but I'm sure others can chime in.

Thank you Jeff,
Since this is my first extremely large above ground pool, and I am not sure how the actual pool will fare or if they sell replacement liners, I am leaning towards the Intex now and possibly replace it later with the Hayward.
I love the posts on hard plumbing with PVC, as the Intex pools I have had in the past didn't last past 3 yrs. I live in Central Texas heat and humidity. Hoping to get pool leveled and use insulation board with possibly Gorilla foam? Then, if I can afford to add a wooden deck, I think I'll be in business. :whoot:

[jeffchap;774071]Based upon my experience, expect to get about 3 years of use out of an Intex pump (one of the models that comes with a sand filter). Same for an SWG, although the cels are replaceable for about $60.

Factor that into your cost analysis and go with whatever makes the most sense for your situation. I cannot speak to the expected life cycle of Hayward products, but I'm sure others can chime in.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, yes...I did all my registration with my phone and it would not allow me to add to my signature. On my computer now so will give it a whirl.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone! Still figuring out how to post along with my many questions. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.