Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing results.

mrcarcrazy

TFP Guide
Jan 21, 2014
Tx coast
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ladies and gents, I come with good news. The testing is complete...

My findings regarding using the Advanced function remote on the Dolphin Z5 are:

-The delay function doesn't appear to do anything. The robot begins cleaning as soon as you click enter.

-I don't know that the cleaning time (short, med., long) have any function. I'm too impatient to time it.

-The waterline focus selection absolutely without a shadow of a doubt makes the Z5 focus on the waterline. Video of this, as proof, below.

-All of the "focus" functions appear to effect the Z5 the same as they do on the M5.

In my humble opinion, as a pool owner with dark blue tiles, I think the remote is worth the 100.00 asking price for the tile function alone.
5D50018C-D55C-47A2-98B3-E52CDB9FF95C_zps33mgc6ok.jpg

Video:
https://youtu.be/A7gLGA8Wzbc - youtube neutered the video quality...I guess I should have selected HD...oops.

Thanks Mr. CC! :goodjob:

It's pretty interesting that they seem to have the same brain that responds to the commands. Makes perfect sense not to make multiples as you suggested would be the case. I didn't think of it until last night late, but I wonder if the start delay is in the power pak/supply? The more I think about it....perhaps so. :scratch:

Great write up, and thanks for posting it for us.

Thanks Patrick. This test wouldn't have been possible without you. Bring your power supply over. We will find out :p

Hey. lets take your M5 apart and see if we can retrofit my z5 into an M5. Are you feeling adventurous?

Just as an update. I ordered a replacement set of filters and a pro remote at marina pool and spa.

I now have more remotes than anyone. Lol

Eventually Patrick will want his back.

Great post @mrcarcrazy and thanks for posting the video.
I received my pro remote on Friday and can confirm that the 'ultra clean' cycle works with my Triton Plus (robot ran 3.5h when selecting that cycle). However, just like in your case the delay function is not doing anything.
This is disappointing as I had contacted Maytronics before to confirm that all features including the delayed start would work with my Power Supply. They wanted to know my power supply part number (9995678) and after I sent it to support they said all functions should work.
If you find a way to trigger the delayed start on your Z5 definitely post it here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please check my logic/thinking on Maytronic Robot controls:
All control functions are located in the Power Supply and transmitted to the Robot through the Power/Control cord.
Advanced Functions are only available by use of the Remote. Can't select "Floor Only" or "Walls & Waterline" without a Remote.
If the Power Supply Part # is the same for different models (eg 9995678 for M400 & M500) the M500 Remote Pro should work with and provide the advanced functions when used with a M400.

Are these the same conclusions from the Tests in this thread?
I have a M400 but no Remote, the M500 Remote is only $10 more than the M400 Remote, so for $10 will I get the M500 advanced functions with my M400?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.