Question

Aug 28, 2013
Katy texas
First time to get algae in pool .it isn't bad mainly in deep end and on ledges. I followed the instruction
On this site and got my FC up to 12 and checked it 4 times starting at 4 pm.each hour had FC loss of about 3-4. When I went to bed my FC was 12 and now this morning is a 12. Does this mean I am ok I can still see some green but maybe I didn't brush good enough.dont know if it matter but no sun today it looks like.

You need to maintain the FC as best you can until you no longer see any sign of algae and your water test shows a CC of less than .5 and you pass the OCLT. If you were testing ever hour and losing 3-4 it doesn't make sense you went to bed and it suddenly stabilized. Just saying that doesn't sound right as the FC will drop a little less each time it's tested and adjusted back up. Going from dropping 3-4 in an hour to not dropping at all overnight just doesn't sound possible.

You have only mastered one of the three steps necessary to insure it doesn't come back. Follow the directions for the SLAM and you'll have sparkling clear water in no time.

SLAM - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

What test kit do you have ??

I use bleach and my cya is 30. I am getting frustrated because I brush 3 times a day but I still have areas that won't go away. Today I only lost 2 ppm over 6 hours but still can't get it gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also test kit is the recommended on this site.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will post pic in morning. I have waterfall on different pump near area would running that help
I would like to give you a positive answer, but all I can say is maybe. It is not beyond the realm of posibility that the are I question does not circulate well without the additional pump. This would end up being an area With lower FC leading to algae. Not saying that is the case, but possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.