Timer runs, but won't click over to stop or start new cycle. Repairable?

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
e45fe25c31d2d96c70c3d9fcd42e0166.jpg

This is the timer in there now. We just bought this house. The timer seems to get stuck a lot when trying to either turn on when off or vice versa. T just gets hung up and won't roll over past the first or last tab to change status.

Any ideas to repair or the best one to go with that will match size and voltage..

in ground Gunite pool gallons TBD,, 1 1/2 HP motor running pool and Polaris 380 via a Jandy valve, DE free size TBD.

Re: Need new timer, what to replace this old one with?

The Intermatic mechanical timers are pretty bullet proof. You would want either the 101 or the 104 depending on your voltage ... although they do not have the freeze protection if you care about that.

I do need a freeze protector so a similar one from international might make sense to avoid buying two items.

http://www.intermatic.com/en/Produc...alty_Controls/Freeze_Protection_Controls.aspx

Never had one of these before, so didn't know if there was a way to fix this one, or if this is a common issue with this type. I've only ever dealt with the normal intermatic timers.

New house; in ground Gunite pool gallons TBD,, 1 1/2 HP motor running pool and Polaris 380 via a Jandy valve, DE free size TBD.

You could go with Intermatic's digital, PE153PF, but it's double the cost of an exact replacement of what you have.

From what I am seeing, a replacement just like mine is around $150 on Amazon. The 101 or 104 are closer to $50, but would writing be difficult switching from one to the other and losing the freeze protector?

New house; in ground Gunite pool gallons TBD,, 1 1/2 HP motor running pool and Polaris 380 via a Jandy valve, DE free size TBD.

It could be the motor, though the motors generally either work or fail completely. Binding up like your describe is usually either the switch getting sticky or something getting bent/misaligned.

The simplest thing to do is to replace the whole mechanism with an identical one. It wouldn't hurt to try replacing the motor first, though it might cost less or might cost more.

It could be the motor, though the motors generally either work or fail completely. Binding up like your describe is usually either the switch getting sticky or something getting bent/misaligned.

The simplest thing to do is to replace the whole mechanism with an identical one. It wouldn't hurt to try replacing the motor first, though it might cost less or might cost more.

Is there a certain place on these where it tells you the voltage or model #? So I know the correct one to get?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Worst case is you just get a normal timer to replace it and then when the cold weather comes along you just make a mental not to watch the forecast and when they say a possible freeze, turn the pump on and let it run all night. That what I do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.