pool light question

LisaDLu

Nov 14, 2014
Palm Desert, CA
I have a question on replacing our pool light. We have taken the light out of the niche and it has been up on the side of the pool for a week, will probably be a few more weeks until we replace it with all new housing (waiting for the pool temp to heat up a bit). My question is there water inside the conduit the wire runs through? Our friend who replaced his pool light is going to help us with this but I've been on youtube in the meantime and one thing I looked at showed someone running the light before the pool was filled, then putting a seal around the wire so water didn't get in the conduit. Obviously that's not possible when replacing the light underwater so is this a big deal or standard operating procedure? I get nervous when electricity and water are so close.

There is usually water in the conduit for the light wire ... that is the way they are designed. Although some people try to seal the conduit as you saw if a leak develops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.