SLAM done?

Rere

Apr 4, 2015
Knoxville, TN
I've been slamming since we opened a swamp last week. No CC and we pass the OCLT but the pool is still cloudy/milky, not clear. Could this just be old algae needed to be filtered out? Hate to keep slamming if we don't need it. Thanks.

Patrick ??

They are good with CC and they passed the OCLT so it's just a need for a lot of filtering to get the dead stuff filtered out.

I like sand filters and I have one but from others posts they do seem to lag a little behind when doing a slam. It isn't uncommon for you to get below the .5 and your chlorine is holding but it's still cloudy
Just need to hang in there and you'll be sparkling blue shortly !!

The slam is NOT complete until your water is crystal clear. We know that can be a bit of overkill sometimes but we have often seen many folks let their FC down far too early and end right back up with a green swamp. It is not worth the chlorine savings.

So, The official TFPC stance is....

1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Often, it is the SIZE of the filter rather than the type that makes the process slow down.....not saying that in your case but just fyi.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Attachments

• Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DE filter aid.jpg
    DE filter aid.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 52
The slam is NOT complete until your water is crystal clear. We know that can be a bit of overkill sometimes but we have often seen many folks let their FC down far too early and end right back up with a green swamp. It is not worth the chlorine savings.

So, The official TFPC stance is....

1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Often, it is the SIZE of the filter rather than the type that makes the process slow down.....not saying that in your case but just fyi.

If all of the above are true, would it still be possible to have the slight appearance of green algae anywhere in the pool? (or any type of algae).

In years past I have had spots of black algae in my pool. I have some darker looking algae on the step by my waterfall. It could just be dirty/stained, I'm not quite sure yet as I'm not done with my SLAM, but this is why I'm asking. The 3 criteria don't call this out specifically so I don't want to assume (although I guess if the point is to kill everything, there really shouldn't be?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.