New Pool Build In Los Angeles

dtrujillo63

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2015
Los Angeles
My PB just finished digging out our very first pool! It's a 30x20 free form play pool with a 7' spa. We're on a budget so we're keeping it simple, flagstone coping and french gray plaster. The equipment will all be Pentair, IntelliFlow VS Pump, 420 Cartridge Filter, and Master Temp 400 gas heater. We plan to use the TFPC method to maintain our pool. The grading inspector is coming out today so wish us luck! Part of our backyard remodel project also includes new fencing, stamped concrete, and a pergola. My wife and I are super excited!

snip.JPG

IMG_20150408_110552.jpg

IMG_20150408_181541.jpg

IMG_20150408_181427.jpg

Things are moving pretty quick. We got our new redwood fence installed this past weekend and our PB also got the pool steel and plumbing in place. Pre-gunite inspection is scheduled for tomorrow, if we pass, gunite will be shot on Friday.

IMG_20150414_184055.jpg

IMG_20150414_184059.jpg

IMG_20150414_184134.jpg

IMG_20150414_184241.jpg

IMG_20150414_184701.jpg

Very nice! My husband would enjoy that sport pool. He's not into deep water.

Keep us updated!

Phenomenal! What a transformation! You guys must be loving this and having a ball. Your fence is gorgeous, but the pool - I love everything you guys chose. I think I saw your tile on another thread? Well, maybe someone else has the same tile, but I love that tile! And the split-face stonework on the spa goes perfectly with it.

I'm so glad ya'll did all this for your dog!!! He looks quite satisfied with everything! Ha ha! When to spruce things up, our cats always behave as if we did it just for them ( or that's what we think they think!!!).

Thanks for sharing the photos! Send more as you landscape!
Suz.

Funny thing is, our dog was a big reason why we did this. He suffers from Degenerative Myelopathy, it's a disease that's similar to ALS in humans. He is slowly losing control of his rear legs and with time, it will progress to his front legs, and eventually his organs. Swimming is the only therapy that's shown signs of slowing down the disease. He absolutely loves to swim and it brings us great joy watching him enjoy the pool.

Reactions: saralines

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.