hayward jets?

Mar 6, 2008
i have an old '89 hottub and i would like to replace my jets. however my jets are hayward sp1438-c jets and i cannot find out anything about them. can someone help me find them or do i need to cut them out and replace them with a waterway jet? thanks.

According to my 2006 parts guide, they have discontinued the 1438 series but, as of then , you could still get the 'o-ring, spring and gasket kit', if any of those parts are the cause of the malfunction, they may well still be available (SPX1438FA).

In what way are they not working? Hydro-Aire makes a very similar unit that we use on all our fiberglass stairs and benches - I can probably find you the part # if you'd like :-D

Let me know if you need any more info from me :mrgreen:

i dont know if they work or not. i was trying to find info if in case i need to replace them. i received a freebie and i am doing a restoration type. the person that gave me the tub said that it wouldnt work but he didnt know what the problem was. so i decided to updated the system, but was trying to find out if i needed to replace the jets, i could find them and order them if needed. it is an old '87 polyesian tub and found out the company bankrupted in '89.

mudrider420 said:
i received a freebie and i am doing a restoration type. the person that gave me the tub said that it wouldnt work but he didnt know what the problem was. so i decided to updated the system, but was trying to find out if i needed to replace the jets, i could find them and order them if needed. it is an old '87 polyesian tub and found out the company bankrupted in '89.

Hey, welcome to the world of spa restoration! In May I completed a restoration/rescue of an '80's spa, including rebuilding the pump and gas heater. All of 4 jets, and we LOVE it.

So if you have any questions about the refurb, I may have an answer or two.

In my case, I wound up replacing all the nozzles, the main drain, the skimmer, and one of the jet bodies because the plastic had gotten brittle after 20-odd years. The main drain was a good idea anyway because the newer model has better anti-entrapment protection.

Please post photos!

i have decided to replace all 9 of my jets with waterway adjustable jets. i am also replacing everything else(main drain, plumbing, spa pack,motor, and heater). i also went and ripped up all the insulation off the shell, which was a good thing i did, cause i had a lot of mold and mildew under the insulation, which to me indicate either a leak or heavy considation(sp?). while i am waiting on my jets to arrive, i am trying to figure out a way to replace the insulation. any ideas on what kind i can use to help it stay warmer better?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.