Difference between Dolphin DX3 or DX3S

sgarofalo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Mount Pleasant/Wi
Hi everyone,

Looking at getting a robotic cleaner for our 22k gallon Inground Vinyl pool. I really like the wall and cove features of the DX3 and found a place online selling "New in Box" setups for $519 downfall is there is no factory warranty on that. Which I could live with I suppose, all the reviews I have read have been pretty good.

Was about to pull the trigger this morning and order that one and came across a site that has a Dolphin DX3S with a full 1-year factory warranty for $599

Both have no tax and free shipping, did some digging around and can't really find anything specifically mentioning any difference between the two. Even on the maytronics site. I'll try to give them a call in a little bit too and see if they can shed any light on the subject.

What do you guys think. IF they are the same with just a different name, I think an extra $80 may be good piece of mind for whatever the factory warranty would cover?

Did a little more digging,

Looks like DX3 uses a Filter bag that would be pulled and rinsed out.

The DX3S uses one of two different sized filter cartriges. One fine mesh and the other bigger. Might be nice to have the option of initial cleanup using the larger meshed cartidge and switch to the fine mesh one when the pool is up and running.

That and the 1 year warranty (confirmed by the Maytronics company when I called them) pretty much seals the deal.

Anyone have any experience with the DX3 line? Think it would be worth the $599 price they are asking (Free shipping and no sales tax) ???

Did a little more digging,

Looks like DX3 uses a Filter bag that would be pulled and rinsed out.

The DX3S uses one of two different sized filter cartriges. One fine mesh and the other bigger. Might be nice to have the option of initial cleanup using the larger meshed cartidge and switch to the fine mesh one when the pool is up and running.

That and the 1 year warranty (confirmed by the Maytronics company when I called them) pretty much seals the deal.

Anyone have any experience with the DX3 line? Think it would be worth the $599 price they are asking (Free shipping and no sales tax) ???

I paid 600 and got a primal X3, same cleaner but 2 year warranty, that doesn't sound like a good deal. BTW, while I do like the filter cartridges as its easier to clean than the bag, they fill up awefully quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.