Baquacil conversion questions

IMG_20150414_122805553.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok, maybe this will be my last question, but I'm not making any promises. I have been at .5 or less CC for 2 days now, however, the CYA just went in yesterday and is not in full effect. Can I still take my FC down to normal levels or do I need to keep it at 15ppm for the next week until CYA is testable?

As soon as the CYA is dissolved in the water, it is in "full effect." It only takes a week to show up on the tests (often it shows up much sooner), however once it's in the water it's doing it's job. Go ahead and lower your chlorine levels down some and enjoy your new pool. Keep brushing often and very soon that last .5CC will likely disappear too.

Good Job!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The one thing to watch for is the CC level. If CC goes above 0.5 you should go back to shock level for your CYA level. It is fairly common for CC to come back up for a few more days when you lower FC, though it doesn't always happen. If you do have to do this, with CYA in the water you won't be using nearly as much chlorine, so this will still be easier than it has been up to now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.