Plumbing question with Liquidator & VS pump

Mar 30, 2015
Orlando, FL
I have a liquidator I was going to install soon and also am installing a variable speed pump. I was going to plumb all the fittings at 2" (though my intake and returns are 1.5"), but I'm wondering if there is benefit in considering 1.5" for the equipment due to the use of the liquidator? (suction head?)

2" plumbing is just better, with or without a Liquidator.

However, the Liquidator really doesn't work well with variable speed pumps run on low speeds (which is most of the point of having a variable speed pump).

Soooo, It sounds like the 1.5" pipe won't make a difference in suction for the Liquidator(so I might as well use the 2") and also that I'm likely going to have issues using the liquidator at all (with the varied speed on my pump). Has anyone been successful using the liquidator with a variable speed pump (that actually utilizes the varied speeds)?

You will just have to find a speed fast enough to get reliable chlorine injection. Which is likely going to be faster than you could run it without the Liquidator. The other problem that arises is that if you increase the pump speed for vacuuming or whatever, it will draw in a lot more bleach.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.