I have been trouble shooting my light systems today and I have it down to 2 possibilities.
Either something is wrong with the wire going to the light or something is wrong inside the light. The transformer and source is fine.
1. I get different readings every time I ohm back into the line going to the light.
2. I have had problems with the wiring before.
3. The light was intermittent for about a week before it went out.
4. I took the fixture out and it looks in order. There was no visible water intrusion or wire symptoms on the pool side.
1. I really don't want to tear into that fixture until I know a little more about what is inside. One of the labels imply that there is some sort of protection circuit built into the fixture. Is this true? It would make a little more sense as to why I got different readings with the ohm meter.
2. The wire looks like it would be really tight inside of the conduit. Is it possible to pull new wire without removing the niche?
I really apreciate any help or advice I can get here. I have worked with electrical equipment enough to know that you don't tear into something until you understand it.