Help wiring an Autopiolot to a 2 speed pump

Bryantom

Apr 7, 2014
Texas
Can someone please help me with wiring an Auto pilot Nano to a 2 speed pump. My pump is 240v so I know that it has a L1 and L2 plus a switching lug to go between high and low speed. I think what I neeed to do is wire one side of my Nano to the L2 or common lug, and i believe i just wire the other side of my Nano to a constant hot thats on the other leg of the power that is coming into my power panel. All of this is run through a digital timer. Please let me know if this sounds wrong.

The best way to do this depends on how you are going to use the two speed pump. Typically a two speed is run with a manual speed switch and a timer that turns the pump on/off. That setup is fairly easy to wire, just power the Nano from the timer before the speed switch.

For a setup where the timer controls both speeds, it depends on how you are going to use the speeds. One fairly common approach is to wire the Nano to low speed. That limits the Nano to only create chlorine while the pump is in low speed, but most of the routine pool filtering should be on low speed and should be a consistent amount each day, which tends to work out well for the SWG.

If you have some more complex plan for using the two speeds, you may need to come up with another approach.

yes my timer controls both my low and high speed, but if running the pump on low speed is enough for my SWG then I will just wire it so it only comes on with the low speed. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.