Best on-line option for buying equipment

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Received my equipment quote from the person I hired to design my pool today and I'm looking for other options. She is selling me the equipment for 10% over wholesale, however, when comparing to prices on-line in some cases the equipment is less on-line. Now that said, if I buy through her I get a 3 yr warranty vs. 1 yr on the pump. In reading the fine print it looks like most of the other equipment comes with a 2 yr warranty. I can pay for the equipment with my American Express Card that extends the manufactures warranty up to 1 year so really I'm only missing out on 1 year on the pump, the rest of the equipment AMEX would take to 3 years.

So, any hidden gems on-line for buying pool equipment? Recommendations greatly appreciated. If it helps I'm looking for Jandy equipment.

Thanks in advance!

A quick and easy way is to plug the part number into Google shopping and sort by total price, low to high. Obviously, you'll want to make sure the company is legit - but most of the big online pool supply companies (ones listed above, plus others like inyopoools, backyardpoolsupply, etc) will be the front runners. I've found that, depending on the item, no one company will always be the cheapest. If you want to save time I'm sure you can get it all from one. But if you don't mind multiple orders, you'll save some $ via Google shopping for each one separately!

Jandy variable speed pump example:
https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...yq8kVd_DKIWvsAWEhoDwDg&ved=0CHwQ2SswAQ#online

Edit - are you sure you wouldn't apply for the extended warranty for purchasing online? Pentair was able to offer the max warranty (3 yrs) on the bundled items I purchased with the requirements being they were (1) purchased through an authorized vendor and (2) were installed by a licensed contractor. I do not know if Jandys is different, but you may still be eligible for the max warranty!

Discount Salt Pool - bought my Circupool SWG from them
Pool and Spa Supply - bought my Hayward cartridge filter from them
Pool Supply World - bought my Jandy pump from them

I have had good experiences with all those sites.

like most have said not one place has the best prices. A lot of the www stores also have eBay stores. I have bought stuff from there a few times. I will also sort it by location since shipping is faster. I always check around, I have no loyalty to any of them. An example. I just I bought a Hayward 3-way diverter valve, the local guys wanted 80 for it. I got it on an Amazon Warehouse Deal for 20 bucks, and free two day shipping. Thats like what, 75% off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just an FYI, there is 0 manufacturer warranty if it's not installed by a licensed professional regardless of where purchased. I know this is fact with Zodiac(Jandy & Polaris) as I just went through this with a few of my customers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.