Plumbing/Equipment replacement questions

Mar 30, 2015
Orlando, FL
I am about to replace my pump and filter after having refinished my pool. I have purchased the new filter (Hayward DE4820), new pump (Hayward MaxFlo VS), and multiport valve. The area with the equipment I currently have is kind of tight, and I believe I'll need to do some reconfiguration to fit the new equipment.

First question I have is about the plumbing lines. Assuming I need some additional room, I may need to add 90 degree elbows and some additional piping running to and from the Pump. Is there any issue in doing this? (adding 90 degree elbows or the like)?
Here's the layout:
Layout 2.jpg

Various Angles:
old 1.jpg

Due to the way the current pump was attached to the Jandy intake port, I think I may need to replace the Valve?
Jandy to replace.jpg

Since there's not a lot of room between the intake piping and where the pump is currently, I was considering moving the pump off to the right and using a 90 degree coming off the jandy intake to the pump input. (to allow more room). Does this sound reasonable, or is there a better way to go about this?

THANKS

You can add fittings and turns however you need to get things to fit. Ideally you want a few as possible and I would stick to 2" or larger pipe/fittings. But the extra turns will only have a minor affect on the flow rate.

- - - Updated - - -

You could save the valve by using a larger coupler "glued" onto the outside of the valve toward the pump, then a reduce in that coupler and the 2" pipe to the pump.

That is correct. If the pipe going into the current pipe is 1.5", then a 2"coupler will fit over the valve. If the pipe is 2", then you will have to find a 2.5"coupler which are a little more work to find.

I am pretty sure that those are the 1.5"-2" model since they are going into a PE/P2 series pump with no reducers. You should be able to put a 2" coupling on the outside of the valve and plumb from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.