wedding cake steps

I've done both; removed them and left them. Leaving them, you have to either remove the handrail from them, or it will stick through your cover (been there, had it happen). Also, you have the build up of gunk on them when you're ready to open. Last year, we removed ours and that is what I'd recommend. We just sat them at the side of the pool on the deck and dropped them in when we opened in the spring. No problem.

Did you cover your steps up? I don't really want to devote part of my garage to the steps but will if I must. I'd rather leave them out somewhere. Also, did you leave your rails attached?

As a follow-up, I bought a black patio furniture cover and a couple of bungee cords last Fall. I removed the handrails and stored those indoors. The covered stairs right stayed on the deck of the pool. I put the weighted step in a black garbage bag, and put it on the stairs & cover to help ensure that the cover would stay on the stairs all winter. Worked fine.

We don't have wedding cake steps, but we do take ours out every winter and let them sit on the pool deck uncovered. The pool guy who initially set up our pool said we could just push them over and leave them in the pool, but I didn't like the thought of them floating around, possibly tearing my winter cover.

We get ice here. My pool was frozen for part of the winter, don't know if it all froze or not though. In any case, I didn't think that leaving them in was a good idea. I was afraid that something could happen to them or the pool liner or cover due to ice if I left them in. They were ugly sitting on the deck but leaving them there was the easiest thing to do.

Sue

I had left WC steps in one year and left the pool uncovered because I was replacing the pool/liner the next year but I pay ds to do my dirty work and get in there and take them out. I have my steps sit on the deck uncovered but I'm going to buy a tarp for them this year cuz those grooves in the steps are a PITA to clean after a ton of leaves have fallen on them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.