New Skimmer

Hi! So I was just browsing the online pool supply places for a new skimmer for the used 15x30 AG pool we are about to set up. This is not an intex pool and will be installed permanently. We are putting a brand new liner in and the skimmer is less than pristine, and needs new gaskets so I think its going to be less hassle to just put a brand new one in.

My questions are: what is the difference between the wide and regular skimmers...
the new one obviously has to be same size or bigger than hole already cut in pool wall so will a wide one even work?
and do I want two?

I have a monster sand filter and a 1.0 pump. Thanks..

Also... the appear to be pretty cheap online... is that a bad thing or are they just not an expensive part??

The most noticeable difference between the regular and wide mouth skimmers is of course the opening. Wide has a rectangular opening, and the regular is more or less square. Measure the opening in the pool wall, and see if you can match up some of the online offerings. If you want to go with a wide mouth, make sure the one you get is tall enough to fit the current opening, as some are smaller in that dimension.

The other difference is how far the skimmer body sticks out from the pool. With a wide mouth, you may have to provide extra support at the rear of the skimmer.

For AG pools, they all seem to be fairly inexpensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.