Has anyone seen a vinyl liner do this?

Floater

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
Southwest OH
We are on our second season with this liner and after just getting the deck built to enjoy the view from above, I noticed the liner is fading differently on one side of the seam as the other.

Any ideas as to why this would be happening? I thought possibly the dye lot is different from each side, but to me that could and would happen a lot. I've never heard or seen of this on anyone else before?

Attachments

• pool liner issue.jpg
    pool liner issue.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 377
No, both sides get equal sun. There is no shade on this pool from 9:00am to 7:00pm. I just hope this isn't a problem with thickness of the mil. Last year, I did have two holes in the liner and both happened to be on the lighter side.

I was wanting to get comments from here before taking to the pool store from where I bought it from. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say. This picture doesn't really do it justice. I mean it jumps out at me everytime I look in the pool.

edit for spelling..oops

Interesting...I will have to post what the PS tells me regarding this. At least I know there is another out there. I have been lucky this pool season with no problems and have never had to bring the pool up to shock level, so this would come from normal levels at this point.
Thanks,

By the way, Launboy love your Newfi..... We had ours "Boo Boo" for 12 wonderful years and miss her dearly!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.