Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has anyone seen a vinyl liner do this?

1. Back To Top    #1

Has anyone seen a vinyl liner do this?

We are on our second season with this liner and after just getting the deck built to enjoy the view from above, I noticed the liner is fading differently on one side of the seam as the other.

Any ideas as to why this would be happening? I thought possibly the dye lot is different from each side, but to me that could and would happen a lot. I've never heard or seen of this on anyone else before?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    24' Round AGP, 13,500gal, 1.5hp Hayward
    Cartridge
    TF100 Test Kit BBB Baby!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Has anyone seen a vinyl liner do this?

Does the lighter area consistently receive more sunlight? My liner has faded in similar fashion on the area that gets the most afternoon sun.
    10,000 IG vinyl liner pool, Hayward sand filter, Hayward SuperPump (converted to 2-speed), BBB user

3. Back To Top    #3

No, both sides get equal sun. There is no shade on this pool from 9:00am to 7:00pm. I just hope this isn't a problem with thickness of the mil. Last year, I did have two holes in the liner and both happened to be on the lighter side.

I was wanting to get comments from here before taking to the pool store from where I bought it from. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say. This picture doesn't really do it justice. I mean it jumps out at me everytime I look in the pool.

edit for spelling..oops
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    Cartridge

4. Back To Top    #4

Does sound like a vinyl quality issue. Good luck w/ getting warranty adjustment.
    10,000 IG vinyl liner pool, Hayward sand filter, Hayward SuperPump (converted to 2-speed), BBB user

5. Back To Top    #5

I started to notice it on our pool to this summer. I think it's because I shocked the pool and kept it there for a couple of days. Our pools liner is 3 pieced and only the middle one is faded.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

6. Back To Top    #6

Interesting...I will have to post what the PS tells me regarding this. At least I know there is another out there. I have been lucky this pool season with no problems and have never had to bring the pool up to shock level, so this would come from normal levels at this point.
    Thanks,

By the way, Launboy love your Newfi..... We had ours "Boo Boo" for 12 wonderful years and miss her dearly!
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    Cartridge