Drain Valve for Hayward Pro Grid Filter

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
Hi,
We moved into a house in December with a pool, so this is the first exposure I have to pool maintenance. We don't have the pool open yet, but one thing I noticed is the drain plug for the Hayward Pro Grid filter- this sits right next to the house, so when the filter is drained, all of the water will run out right next to the foundation. Maybe not much comes out, but it sure looks like the filter holds a lot of water....does anyone have or know of some type of drain valve that you can attach a hose to so you can drain the filter well away from the house? The current plug is 1.5" MIP with an o-ring. I can't find anything that looks like it would work. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

One common approach is to connect a short piece of pipe where the drain plug would screw in, then a valve, another short piece of pipe, and a barbed fitting to attach a roll up flexible hose.

Without the o-ring, I should be able to find what I need at Lowe's....I want to get it in place before the pool is opened so next time it's darined it will route away from the house...Thanks for the help!! I'm sure I'll be on here often- there's a lot to learn...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.