Removing liner - what else to do

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
We will probably be removing the liner when we have someone fix the rim/sidewall issue.

IMG-20141019-00349.jpg

At that time I am hoping to have the floor smoothed out. What can we do to prevent the uneven floor happening in the future?

IMG-20141006-00322.jpg

Would you recommend adding foam around the walls to help keep the water warmer and possibly extend the swimming season?

Attachments

• IMG-20141006-00323.jpg
    IMG-20141006-00323.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 113
Foam on the walls does nothing to keep the pool warm. You'll lose all your heat from the water surface through the night. If you want to keep the pool warm, cover the pool at night n don't run the pump at night.

Is that wall out of track? If it is, the pool is not level. The only way to fix this is to 're level the pads the post is sitting on that are not level.

Once you address that issue, then you can work on the sand base.

Quite a few folks insulate their pool walls, with varied success. Some find it works great, others so-so. To each their own in the end. Covering the pool at night helps immensely, and using a solar blanket during the day when not using the pool also helps. Leaving the pool uncovered just lets the heat escape.

Yeah, those look like mole or mice tunnels for sure. I would say to take some of the sand out, leave only a thin layer, and than lay foam sheets down instead.

It's hard to tell from the picture of the pool floor but the settling is worst around the supports. You can actually see/feel the support shapes. Will foam stop this from happening in the future? What type of foam would we use?

The track is dropped down between the supports, if I remember correctly. Would uneven support bases make the track drop in the middle? I am having a hard time finding someone to come out and give me an estimate for fixing this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.