Upgrading equipment, does rest of the setup look ok?

cf40918debd893abf8a464b30e67326a.jpg
76ca550b74ef6f7452ee9f33dc01f5b5.jpg
1fef74073db87aae0222b362cdf8561f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two attitudes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or: Replace worn out parts before they cause a problem. I'm solidly in the second camp, and would start thinking about replacing a lot of that equipment, as a fair bit of it looks more than a little past it's prime. It looks like you still have some copper pipe, which would be at the top of my list to replace.

I did almost mention the copper pipe :D

The heater looks in decent shape, the electrical box is rusted on the outside, but the inside looks fine. You are already replacing the pump and filter. The only thing left is the spa blower and that is far from causing a real problem if it fails.

Dont know how easy will be replace copper return underground piping. But heater, pipe section could be replaced with pvc 2". If you say so?
I will primer paint the electrical box get a faceplate for it if i can figure where to get one? And replace weather stripping. I dont have any check valves in my system? Where would you suggest one? Want to put heater bypass when that pipe is replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all for advice pool equipment upgrade is done. Got rid of the trees next to the pool, that helped, a lot. I have high CYA right now. maybe 140 or above. Have to do a partial drain, unless you guys say anything else. 10k Gallon refill is going to cost $75 not too bad and may save me chlorine. I have clear water right now but sometime a small patch of algae forms. Keeping up with chlorine demand right now. and it drops to 12, and i move it back up to 17. Please advise.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.