Pentair VS speed reset

Nov 17, 2012
I have a Pentair VS controlled by an iaqualink RS. When I command the pump to any speed with the Iaqualink, after 15-20 minutes the pump will revert to the "Pool" setting speed. I think either the aqualiknk commands the pump to "pool" speed after 15 minutes or the Pentair pump has a timer function that I'm not aware of and reverts to no. 1 speed after 15 minutes. Has anyone seen this problem? I would like to set the pump at a low speed for several hours to save on electricity in costly CA.

Agree, "pool" setting sounds like a command coming from the aqualink, not a pump setting. I think if you want your pump to do something besides pool mode you need to tell the aqualink to exit pool mode and tell the pump to change speed in the aqualink manual mode. Or create another mode/timer in the aqualink for a lower speed run time.

I think I would set the pool mode speed to be lower and leave it running at lower speed all the time and skip the higher speed as long as your pool stays clean at low speed. Our normal skimming/filter mode is 1100 rpm, changes to 1950 rpm when solar is available.

Thank you. You are correct it was the iaqualink settings.

What I forgot to mention is that it was working fine when I first installed it. I went back through the settings today and found the "in-floor" option enabled. I disabled that and everything is now working as advertised.

Thanks again for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.