Replacing Skimmer

dmmeek

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
Hello All,
I haven't been on here in a while, but I sure could use your help again. I need to replace my skimmer, and the original pool installer has no idea or records of what was installed. So instead of looking at replacement parts, I am just going to replace it. Can someone give me a recommendation of what brand or model would be sufficient. I have a 24' x 52" Sharkline ABG. I also have a 1hp Hayward 2 speed pump with a Hayward 300b sand filter, which were recommended by this forum and have worked great! My current skimmer measurements follow.
* Outside - Basket side: 13 5/8 L x 7.5 H
* Inside - Pool Side: 14 3/4 L X 8.5 H

Thanks
Daniel

This one is a popular replacement. It is cheaper than the parts in many cases.

Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer Kit Hayward

51oig%2BKCX-L._SL1200_.jpg

You can not use a Hayward skimmer box on a Sharkline pool. Call poolsupplyworld n order the skimmer through them. Its a Waterway skimmer box.

Hopefully these photos are sufficient. If not, I will take some more this evening. The photo may not show this clearly, but inside the skimmer, there is a notch which helps to secure the basket. The basket and vacuum attachment both share this notch as well. The notch is what is giving me trouble when attempting to use a generic basket or vacuum attachment, since both of mine are no longer usable. The flap that allows water in and out, but helps keep the debris in is also broke (I'm certain there is a name for this flap, but I can't think of it right now). Again, I really appreciate your help.
Daniel

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 69
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.