Storing Chemicals in (hot) North Texas

The muratic acid can be stored outside, like in a plastic storage shed or something ... it will outgas some and could corrode any metal nearby.
Liquid chlorine should be stored in the a cool dark place ... ideally in the house.

I have most of this stuff in my garage. Do I need to keep the acid away from metal items. If so how many feet. Right now it is just inside the garage door. My motorcycle is pretty close to it - 4 feet. Any out gasing concerns and it impacting the metal and paint on the bike.

My chlorine stays in the garage, and not near any of my gas cans. The muriatic acid lives inside a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. It stays outside, on the side of my house out of the way. The acid is not temperature sensitive at all and the bucket keeps any fumes well contained.

Remember that chlorine is a strong oxidizer. Don't ever store it near fuel or acids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.