Bettendorf, IA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
We built our pool last summer and this is our first season opening the pool. Everything has gone well however I am not sure the heater is working.

I don't have any error codes and I can hear the heater humming along nicely, however when I reach into the pool the return water is not warm (and it would be noticeable with the water temp barely above 50-degrees). I do not remember a big time lag when the return water started to warm up when we used the heater last year, but could that be it? Any other thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Is it a heat pump or a gas heater? I don't have a heater (unfortunately) but a friend has a gas heater and the water from the returns is hot. My solar panels water doesn't feel very much warmer this time of year, but I do gain 3-5 degrees on a sunny day.

Sorry, that was the one thing not in my signature -- it's a 400K BTU natural gas heater. Normally the return water gets really warm, but it isn't yet.

The heater can only warm the water several degrees on each pass through, so you might not notice the difference right away. People are good at judging small temperature differences close to body temperature, but as it gets colder it get very difficult to notice a small difference.

Well, the good news is that it is a lot easier to troubleshoot a gas heater. Is it on fire or not. :) Probably just a function that there is so much temp differential that it is harder to tell that it is warmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.