PVC 60 mil membrane liner as option for leaking 50 year old hybrid pool

Sep 21, 2013
Hello -

i am researching options to fix my ever-leaking 50 year old hybrid pool (fiberglass walls and stairs/Concrete floor. I painted the pool with an epoxy paint 8 years ago and had someone fix a leak on the bottom drain a few years ago.

i would like a permanent option (20 years) to fix the leaking pool.

An option that seems permanent but also expensive is having someone come on site and install a 60 mil PVC membrane. Does anyone have experience with companies that provide this service? I have contacted 2 companies out of Indianapolis (Natare and Renosys) and they seem highly reputable but very expensive $18 - $20,000 for a 25 x 40 kidney shape pool. Most of their references are with commercial accounts (hotels and public pools). The company would come on site for a week and seam weld the liner in place.

I am out of upstate NY and like to hear your thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - i also found some really good videos on this type of process from ELBTALPLASTICS out of Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AebpfGU13Lo

Jason - thanks for the quick response. My pool is a free form design, can a vinyl liner manufacturers create a custom liner and how would the liner manufacturer measure the dimensions of my pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.