CircuPool generator cell orientation

Propbndr

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Charles City, Va
I purchased a CircuPool SI-30 Plus generator system. To be blunt, the installation instructions for the cell suck. The only thing that they stress is that the flow sensor be installed at least 12" from any elbows (it is a turbulence thing). The flow sensor isn't even marked for direction of flow. There is nothing in the directions about the installation of the cell itself.

Now, three questions:

1) There are no markings on the cell indication direction of flow. If you look into the ends, you can see plates on one end and a locator block (on the end with the cable) in the other. I assume that the internal sensors are on the cable end. Does it matter which end the water discharges from?

2) What is the proper orientation of the cell, horizontal, vertical, or does it matter?

3) If the orientation can be vertical, should the flow be up through the cell or down?

The cell does not have a preferred direction of flow or orientation. The flow sensor does have a direction of flow requirement.

They never mention it, but based on other brands, you want to place the cell such that gas created in the cell won't flow back into the heater or filter when the pump is off.

Thanks for the info! Due to filter house space limitations, I installed it vertically in a U shaped piping configuration so there is about a 6" "trap above the cell. Now, it is a waiting game to set the output levels. Per the manual startup section, I have it set at 75% output.

I looked several times for the slightest indication of direction of flow. No stickers, or arrows formed into the side of the pipe. Nothing at all. The instructions say there is a arrow on the switch itself but, I sure can't find it. The only way I could tell is the moveable arm inside the tee. Before I installed it, I took a magic marker and drew a flow arrow on the tee.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.